Valle de la Luna / Atacama Desert

Friday, August 20, 2010

Shout out to teachers

NOTE: The post before this one is new also.

Hello, this is a shout out to teachers and parents of kids. Would you like to have your class have a sister class in Chile? I would like my classes to be pen pals with an American class. I think the connection to real kids in a real school would be a good motivator for the English students down here. My school has one class each of every grade from K to 12. I teach English to grades 5 - 12. The kids here are pretty computer savvy. Our school year goes from March to end of December, so we are in school now.

You could send our class an email with attachments and we would email back to you. Then the teachers would read the emails to the classes. A more kid interactive way would be to use Facebook as an interface. I could make a Facebook page for my class and we would friend your class. That way kids can post things in English, on the page. The view our town, your best bet is to google 'Castro Chile' and choose images.

Of course you could tie this in to geography. Chile will celebrate it's bicentennial on Sept 18th which could make for a history or culture link. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I have emailed the two social studies teachers I work with in 7th grade to see what their interest is. I would love it!
    Also what does Roberto need that would be a good package to send for his birthday?
    Talk to you after our trip to Ithaca.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying so hard to post a comment! Finally, switched to another browser (who knew?) and it looks as though you'll get a message. I love the postings!
    ' lillian

    ReplyDelete